Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 23

 Technology


- Write about how your life would change if there was no social media.

Wow I cant imagine my life without social media. I know it gets slagged off a lot and people complain that kids dont know how to have fun without the internet any more and I agree that childhood is definitely not the same any more but everything has moved on. The people who slag it off seem to forget about the house bound people who still want a social life. Social media is amazing for that. It helps you still feel part of the world when you can't even get out of bed. It means that on days where Im in too much pain to get up and go see friends etc I can still have a chat & a laugh and even better I can do it with people that understand. It makes a massive difference to be able to talk to people who have an understanding of what you are going through. On social media I can celebrate things that seem stupid to my healthy friends, like having enough energy to shave my legs or being able to wear jeans or getting new splints/mobility aids. What healthy teenager is going to congratulate me when I tell them I managed to shave both legs in one go or get excited over wheelchair cushions with me. Without social media I would feel lonely and would be missing out on some amazing friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30

  Recap - Describe your HAWMC experience in one word! Interesting